Hands up if you have had ENOUGH of:
- Not having a website, or having a website, but cringing every time you refer people to it.
- Wasting time on technicalities like hosting, plugins, security, and generally keeping your website running.
- Not knowing what to write on your website pages or blog posts.
- The low, bordering on non-existent, number of leads you’re getting from your website.
- The low number of signups you’re getting to your email list, or for your other free offers.
- Having a website that just doesn’t feel like YOU.
- Having a website that doesn’t do justice to the amazing value you can offer to your clients.
And how many of these solutions have you tried?
You’ve signed up for a WordPress account and spent hours building your site, but it still doesn’t feel like your style.
You’ve spent money on a theme and several plugins, and you’re wondering how much more money you’re going to have to keep pouring into your site.
You’ve looked into hiring a designer, but you’re looking at a turnaround time of 3-6 months. You’re ready to launch NOW.
You may have even hired a designer for your whole site, or parts of it, but communication was a problem and they just didn’t seem to get your vibe.
You’ve signed up for a Squarespace (or Wix or Weebly) account, but through gritted teeth, you are struggling to get it to do what you want it to do.
You’ve forced yourself to sit down and write blog posts, but you feel like you’re talking into a vacuum.
You’ve planned out an e-course or another digital product (you may have even created it), but no one seems to be interested in it.
Seriously, it doesn’t have to be this hard. In fact, it SHOULDN’T be this hard, because you’ve got a business to run and clients to serve.
Wouldn’t it be great if:
• You had a website to launch in the next 60 days.
• You were so proud of your website, you just couldn’t help yourself telling everyone you knew about it.
• You felt confident about charging premium prices, because you knew your website communicated your value to your clients.
• You could do the work that you love and that brings in the $$$ (instead of spending hours fussing with the technicalities of website maintenance).
• Your website was helping you to reach your business goals – getting leads, getting email list signups, or getting people to buy your products or services.
Does this sound like the website you’ve been waiting for…?
Well, that’s the website I'd like to create for you.
So how can I help you build the website of your dreams?
Well, I can roll up my sleeves and set the whole website up for you in Squarespace – in just three weeks.
But you won’t be able to sit back and relax, because before the design period starts, I’ll ask you to complete a pretty detailed questionnaire that tells me all about your business and your goals for your website.
Then, in the first week, I’ll write up the copy for your site and/or edit the copy you provide me. I’ll be back and forth with you to make sure you’re happy.
The second week is where you can chill just a little bit while I build and design your website on Squarespace.
And in the third week, it’ll time for you to review your website and ask me for all the changes and tweaks you need to make the website feel like the one you’ve been dreaming about. At the end of the week, you’ll have a site that’s ready to launch.
Square-Pair Coaching Session
Or you may have decided that you want to DIY your website and you’ve chosen to use Squarespace.
Firstly, well done on choosing the best website builder for solopreneurs!
If you want to really accelerate your progress on Squarespace, then let’s pair up in one of my Square-Pair Coaching Sessions.
I’ll work on your site with you (on a screenshare) for a full hour. I’ll answer your questions and make suggestions for improving things like your site design, SEO, use of Squarespace features, and even copywriting.
At the end of the session you’ll get some Action Items (a.k.a. homework!), and if you find you need another session, then you’ll be able to get one at a discount.
If you’ve already got a website, but you could do with a bit of help communicating your true awesomeness to your audience, then I can help you do just that.
We’ll have a chat over Zoom and I’ll give you a template that you can use to write your own About, Work-with-Me, Sales Page and/or Home Page draft.
I’ll edit your draft and produce a final draft that really speaks to your ideal customers and gets them to take the action you want them to take.
So who am I to be developing websites for online entrepreneurs like you?
Well, first and foremost, I am an online entrepreneur myself.
I know the challenges and joys of running an independent business online – so we’re kindred business spirits really!
I know and love Squarespace.
I actually feel like a bit of a Squarespace grandmother, because I started using it over seven years ago (which is eons in the tech world!), and I’ve developed at least 20 websites using Squarespace. I am also a Squarespace Circle Member, a professional community of Squarespace designers and developers. This allows me to pass on a 20% discount on your first annual subscription fee with Squarespace.
And while I heart Squarespace so much ;), it’s not the only website builder I use. I also use a lesser-known, but also super-duper and low-cost website builder called Carrd for one-page websites, landing pages and sales pages. So, when you work with me, you’ll have options! (Although WordPress is not one of them!).
I am not a graphic designer. Whaaaaat?!
Yip: confession time. I have no graphic design training whatsoever. In fact, my academic qualifications are in English Literature, History and Education!
Now don’t worry, I know enough about colour theory and visual branding to make your website look great. I also have a way-higher-than-normal fascination with typefaces and fonts…
But where I bring the magic to your website is with my writing skills and my instructional design experience.
I am a writer.
I’ve been writing since I was little. In the year I started school, I wrote what I’m going to call my first novella, a one-page story called “Little Frog Goes to the Zoo”. The plot might have been a bit thin, but it was nevertheless good enough to get framed and hung up in our passage!
I haven’t stopped writing (and editing other peoples’ writing) since then, so let’s just say I have a lot of experience behind me. But in no way do I think I know it all – I am constantly honing my writing skills, and I have my eye on a copywriting course that I’d like to take in October.
And instructional design… what’s that?
Well, it’s essentially the planning process that goes into creating educational materials. We identify the gap between where a student starts and where we want them to end up – and we design a course (or any learning experience) accordingly.
I find myself using my experience as an instructional designer all the time as I design websites that convert visitors to subscribers and customers, as I advise my clients on their content strategy, and as I build digital products and online courses.
I’ve had my own business for nine years now, and I just can’t see myself ever going back to a “real job”!
Being an online entrepreneur is the only way I've found to balance "work" and "life", and I love that I get to pursue my multiple passions when I'm my own boss.
Here are some of the things I’ve done since I’ve had my own business:
- I feel invigorated and fulfilled designing websites for coaches, small businesses, professional organisations, and non-profit organisations. And I’ve equipped them to maintain their own websites.
- I’ve written e-books and produced a Masterclass on using Carrd for website design.
- I’ve connected with so many amazing entrepreneurs across the world either through offering coaching, receiving coaching, or taking online courses or group programs.
- I’ve written school textbooks and heaps of business training material.
- I’ve taken extended periods of maternity leave after having each of my boys.
- I teach a music lesson at my son’s playschool and keep a blog with all of the lessons I teach there.
- During my afternoons, you’ll probably find me next to the sandpit, or at the jungle gym, or refereeing an argument about a bouncy ball… I love spending time with my boys and I am trying to be more present (and not check my phone…) when I’m with them.
- My husband also works from home, so we can take holidays pretty much when we want to. I must admit, we have yet to attempt an international trip with our kiddos, but we love exploring our beautiful country of South Africa.
- I like to think I’ve inspired a few people to start their own businesses!